Welcome to the Good Shepherd Community Center
If you are looking for a high quality child care center for your child, you have come to the right place. We have been offering child care services since 1986. We are a respected non-profit organization well-known within the local community. We believe in helping a working parent and provide a high level of quality care for their kids as well as a learning environment to give a good learning foundation to every child. We are proud to offer an innovative curriculum to provide the very best learning experience for your child.
We are striving to provide your child with an unsurpassed learning experience in a fun and supporting atmosphere. All aspects of the center curriculum focus on the development of the whole child. Our program integrates art, music, physical education, and building in a safe, warm, and loving environment that help children grow intellectually, socially, emotionally, and physically.
We care about your child and you. In our ever-changing society, quality daycare is of paramount importance; a safe, secure, stimulating environment is invaluable. At the Good Shepherd Community Center, under the guidance of qualified teachers and caregivers, we offer children a warm social setting in which they can develop to their fullest potential.
- The childcare philosophy of Good Shepherd Community Center is to provide affordable, multicultural, literacy-focused experiences that prepare the children to succeed.
- Our curriculum is based on developmentally appropriate practices in an educational setting which teach the children how to think, ask questions and love books.
- We provide an opportunity for the children to make free choices from the activities planned by our teachers.
- Throughout the day, the children participate in large muscle/fine motor development activities.
- The children learn to get along with each other, to think for themselves, to be creative with art and music, and to feel good about themselves.
- We believe it is important to work closely with the parents and to encourage their involvement in center activities
Our mission is to provide quality, affordable, nurturing childcare and early developmental education for the children of Far West Dallas, and to serve as a community resource center, with sensitivity to diverse cultural needs.
- Full day preschool and daycare for children ages 18 months to 5 years
- Before and after school programs for school-aged children ages 6-12
- Full-day summer program for school-age children, ages 6-12
- Parent resources and educational opportunities
- Emergency food assistance provided as a community outreach
- “Adopt-a-Family” program at Christmas
- Hosting periodic fairs and carnivals
- A 4-star rating. Solid experience and respected non-profit organization well-known within the local community.
- High quality childcare along with caring environment and a high level of personalized attention to each child.
- Qualified and dedicated staff members.
The Highlights of the Year
- Provided food assistance for 1,475 individuals from 392 families during the year.
- Annual pre-school class graduation
- Coordinated with supporting churches to provide Christmas Adopt-a-Child for enrolled children
- Maintained our Child Care Assistance (CCA) “Four Star” rating